Can you kick butt? The Kingston Derby Girls are hiring a coach. Do you have the jam?
The Kingston Derby Girls are looking for a coach for the 2018 season, who will:
● Serve as coach to a mixed league of skaters
● Together with captains and Training Committee members, develop rosters and lines for game
● Plan and implement pre-game preparation and communication with the teams
● Design team practice plans in consultation with KDG Training Committee
● Coach the league in games and at least one practice per week
● Provide feedback to skaters throughout the season in a constructive manner
● Motivate teams
● Ensure all team members uphold the rules and regulations of the Women’s Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA)
● Abide by the league’s Vision, Mission, and Value Statements, and the Code of Conduct
● Coaching or athletic background (Roller Derby /skating background/ experience a bonus, but not necessary)
● Communication skills, interest in researching the sport of roller derby and staying up-to-date with latest strategies
● Strong interest and commitment to athlete development
● Ability to work collaboratively with fellow coaching personnel, the Training Committee, captains, and skaters
● Ability to communicate on-skate and off-skate requirements to players and administration
● Availability for practice one evening per week (usually Tuesdays and Thursdays) from 7-9 pm (subject to confirmation)
● Availability to travel to away games during the 2018 season
How do you apply?
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com and answer the following questions:
1. Why are you interested in coaching a competitive derby team?
2. Please describe your roller derby experience and/or knowledge of the sport.
3. Have you ever coached before, or do you have any team experience?
4. Anything else you would like us to know?
5. Are you interested to doing a trial run of an upcoming practice. You can meet the league skaters, run a drill, or just watch practice.
Thanks for your interest!